Equipment Condition Evaluation
Follow these considerations for an optimal indoor environment capable of minimizing viruses, gases, and bacteria - best when used with ionization and ultra violet C light
Better filtration produces better indoor air quality
- 1” filters - replaced every 3 months
- 2” filters - replaced at least every 6 months
- 4” filters - replaced every year
- Do you know the filter thickness?
- What is the scheduled change-out frequency?
- Who is the filter change-out contractor?
- How is the filter change-out date confirmed
- Is each HVAC unit change-out confirmed separately?
- What brand of filter is used?
- Is the filter media flat or folded?
- How many folds per inch?
- What is the filter MERV rating?
Effective space air flow evaluates to better indoor air quality
- 2’ x 2’ lay-in ceiling tile grid diffuser
- 6” round lay-in tile diffuser
- Slot diffusers
- Lighting supply air troffers
- Built-in manually adjustable supply air damper
- Manually In-line duct supply air damper
- Motorized VAV supply air diffuser
- Lay-in tile ceiling eggcrate grill
- Lay-in tile ceiling grill ducted to HVAC unit
- Under door clearance - return air in corridor
- Lighting return air troffers
- Open plenum ceiling return air
- Ducted return air to HVAC unit
Effective controls define the indoor environment
- Wall mounted conventional thermostat
- Integrated thermostat (Carrier, Trane…)
- Builtin WiFi communications
- Building automation system thermostat
- Heating and cooling control
- 1 or 2 stages of heating
- 1 or 2 stages of cooling
- Fan control
- Heating/cooling changeover
- Modulating controls brand
Optimized outside air delivery enhances indoor air quality
- Minimum OA only
- Full economizer
- Discharge air sensor
- Return air sensor
- Mixed air sensor
- Outside air sensor
- Economizer vendor
- Economizer operational
- Economizer changeover temperature
- Economizer changeover functional
- Relief damper installed
- Motorized relief air damper
- Bird screen intact
- Separate OA intake filter
- OA intake filter condition
- Building gravity damper relief